Deciding to receive care at an addiction treatment center is a critical step on the journey toward lasting recovery. At Southstone Recovery Center, we provide outpatient treatment that helps women age 18 and older develop the skills and strategies that can lead to a happier, healthier life free of substance use.
Benefits of Addiction Treatment
An addiction to alcohol, opioids, or prescription drugs can make you feel like you have no control of your life. Whether it causes chronic unemployment, strained relationships with loved ones, financial struggles, or an array of mental and physical health concerns, a substance use disorder can be incredibly damaging to both you and those around you.
But addiction is treatable. By making the choice to seek help at an addiction treatment center like Southstone Recovery Center, you can stop the negative effects of a substance use disorder and give yourself a chance to discover lasting recovery.
Throughout your time at our addiction treatment place, you can develop healthier coping skills and make changes to your lifestyle that will set you up for success. We will also help you build a relapse prevention plan that can allow you to stay sober in the weeks, months, and years to come.
You will work with experienced professionals who have your best interests in mind, and you will also get the chance to learn from other women who are experiencing similar struggles. By forging bonds with your fellow patients, you can discover that you’re not alone on the road to better health.
How to Find the Right Addiction Treatment Center
Every woman who struggles with a substance use disorder has a unique experience. That makes it important to find an addiction treatment center that favors personalized treatment over a one-size-fits-all approach to care.
Though there isn’t a single perfect approach to addiction treatment, there are ways to determine if a treatment place is right for you. Good questions to ask include:
- How will you determine the level of care that is best for me?
- Does each patient follow a standardized plan of care, or will I receive a personalized treatment plan?
- What types of therapies are part of the center’s approach to addiction treatment?
- Will I work with a team of experienced professionals?
- What happens at the end of treatment? Will I be set up for continued success?
Any reputable facility should be able to answer these questions to your satisfaction. Don’t hesitate to ask these and other questions so that you can determine which addiction treatment center is right for you.
Therapies Used to Treat Addiction
At Southstone Recovery Center, we use a variety of evidence-based therapies to treat women who are struggling with an addiction to alcohol, opioids, or other drugs.
Prior to beginning treatment, you will participate in an intake assessment that will help our team understand your needs and goals for your time with us. The information we receive will help us form a personalized treatment plan that will serve as your road map for recovery.
When you take part in programming at our outpatient treatment center, we expect you to play an active role in your recovery. Speak up, ask questions, and don’t be afraid to tell us what is or isn’t working.
Depending on your needs, your personalized treatment plan will consist of some of or all the following elements of care:
- Medication management services
- Basic medical care
- Family therapy
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Experiential therapies
Much of your time in addiction treatment at Southstone Recovery Center will be spent in group therapy. During these sessions, you can share the story of your struggles with substance use and learn about the journeys of others. These groups can provide you with an opportunity to understand that you aren’t alone in your recovery and lay the foundation for sustained sobriety.
Why Choose Our Addiction Treatment Center
Sorting through the pros and cons of addiction treatment places can be overwhelming. At Southstone Recovery Center, we want to make the process of choosing one as easy as possible so that you can receive the treatment you need.
At our addiction treatment center, you’ll find:
- Dedicated professionals. You’ll have the chance to work with a compassionate team that may include nurse practitioners, registered nurses, licensed professional counselors, certified substance abuse counselors, psychiatrists, and other behavioral health professionals.
- Soothing environment. You deserve to heal in a place that is free of judgment and distractions. At Southstone Recovery Center, our rural campus includes a 5-acre lake, recreation opportunities, and secluded areas that are perfect for relaxation and reflection.
- Detailed discharge planning. Outpatient addiction treatment is a short-term experience, but recovery can be a lifelong journey. We’ll start planning for your next chapter shortly after you begin treatment, and at the end of your time with us, you’ll receive an aftercare plan that lays out the next steps and resources that can help you build on the progress you made.
Recovery from an addiction to alcohol, opioids, prescription painkillers, or other drugs isn’t easy, but it’s a journey that is worth pursuing. At Southstone Recovery Center, we’ll show you that brighter days are ahead, and we’ll help you learn what it takes to find them.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Southstone Recovery Center.